Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - 1 Peter 3:1-7
Submission refers to a wife’s embrace of her divine calling to honor, respect, and affirm her husband’s leadership in the home. It is not an absolute surrender of her will, evacuation of her opinion, but it is a disposition to yield to her husband’s guidance. - Ligon Duncan
- Genesis 1:26-27
- Genesis 2:18
- 1 Samuel 16:6-7
Focus on Jesus
- Ephesians 5
- Colossians 3:23-24
- What do most people look for in a spouse today? Do these traits line up with biblical thoughts on marriage?
- Which, if any, biblical texts are difficult for you to understand or accept? How have you handled these texts?
- Read Genesis 2:18. How would you define helper? How do husbands and wives complement one another?
- Read 1 Samuel 16:6-7. Do you normally see the world as Samuel does in this passage? What does it mean that God looks on the heart?
- What are some practical steps for us to take to "set our eyes on Jesus?"
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?