Over the next several weeks we’re going to work our way through the book of Daniel, and we'll see how the King of kings has prepared a path for each of us!
Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Daniel 1
- Leviticus 26:33
- 2 Kings 20:18
- 2 Kings 19
- Psalm 36:5-7
The Enemy's Plan
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Genesis 3:1
- Many look at Daniel as a man we should emulate. What other biblical characters do people consider "good examples?" Is there any issue with seeing these characters as just moral examples?
- How do we balance human wisdom and action with the sovereign plans of God?
- Read Genesis 3:1 and 1 Peter 5:8. Do you find temptation tends to be more subtle (Genesis) or blatant (1 Peter)? Which have you experienced more in your own life?
- Would you say we (Christians) are currently living in exile? Why or why not?
- What, if anything, are you willing to die for? Why?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?