We kick off our advent series called The Songs of Christmas. This week, we see Mary rejoice in the fulfillment of God's promises!
Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Luke 1:46-56
Rooted in Worship
- Luke 1:26-38
- John 4:23-24
I like, sometimes, to leave off praying and singing and to sit still, and just gaze upward till my inmost soul has seen my Lord; then I say, he is inexpressively lovely, yes he is altogether lovely. - Charles Spurgeon
Rooted in the Old Testament
- Isaiah 14:4-7, 12-15
- Psalm 78:5-7
Rooted in Jesus
- Luke 1:30-35
- Genesis 3:15
- Genesis 12:1-3
- Genesis 15
- Genesis 17
- 2 Samuel 7
- What is the meaning of Christmas? How can we keep the true meaning of Christmas at the forefront of our minds?
- Read John 4:23-24. What does Jesus mean by true worshipers?
- Why is it essential that we be rooted deeply in the scriptures (both OT and NT)? What happens it we lose sight of either?
- Mary's song of worship is about sovereign plans through Jesus. What aspect of God leads you to worship?
- What does it mean to be rooted in Jesus? What other things are people rooted in today?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?