The gospel is the power of God for salvation to all who believe. When we believe this, nothing will stop us from making sure this message gets out to all.
Order Of Worship - Sunday May 24, 2020
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise
Song of Declaration
Sermon - Rooted in the Gospel
Sermon Scripture - Acts 5:12-42
- euangelion - Greek word for gospel, literally means good news
- Romans 1:16-17
- 1 Corinthians 1:21-25
- Acts 5:30-32
When we assume the gospel in our churches, we assume we only needed it once. And even this is self-defeating, because those who need to hear it that first time must sort through a labyrinth of church programming and other spiritual messages before they may find it. No one can be wakened to the gospel if they don’t hear it. Therefore, taking the gospel for granted is the most dangerous thing we can do. - Jared Wilson, Gospel Wakefulness
- Acts 5:14
- Acts 5:38-39
Song of Response
There is a Cloud
- How was it to worship in person again (if you were able)?
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:21-25. What are reasons people reject Jesus today?
- Peter has repeatedly stressed the gospel is about Jesus and nothing else. What is often added to the gospel? Why do we/others try to add more to the message of salvation?
- Who has had the greatest impact on your walk with Jesus? Why?
- Jared Wilson says, “taking the gospel for granted is the most dangerous thing we can do.” Do you agree with this statement?
- What are you reading in your personal devotions right now?