The true message of Christmas is that all that has been promised in the Old Testament is now a reality. A glorious hope and joy that is ours in Jesus Christ!
Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Luke 1:5-23, 67-79
- Luke 1:31
- Matt. 1:21
A Child is Born
- Luke 2:46-50
Responding to Jesus
- Psalm 62:1-2
The Child of Promise
- Isaiah 9:5-7
- Acts 26:17-18
- Which of the four songs in Luke resonates with you the most? Why?
- Why did the savior (Jesus) have to be the God-man? Could anyone else be the savior? Why or why not?
- Read Psalm 62:1-2. What does it mean that God is our rock and salvation?
- What is the response that the birth of Jesus demands? Ho can we call people to a response this Christmas season?
- Read Isaiah 9. What do we learn about Jesus in this passage about the promised Messiah?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?