Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Matthew 19:16-26
- Ephesians 2:8-9
The gospel is the glorious, cross centered, grace centered news of what God has done in Jesus Christ to redeem man from the fall and to give man an eschatological hope that all things will eventually be redeemed in Christ - Voddie Baucham
- Psalm 53:3
- Psalm 150:6
What comes to our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us. - A.W. Tozer
- Proverbs 4:23
- Matthew 6:21
- Which biblical character received the most difficult command from God? Examples include Moses going to Egypt, Jonah going to Nineveh, rich young ruler to sell all his goods, etc.
- Why do many people ask the same question found in Matthew 19:26? "What good deed must I do to have eternal life?" What is the issue with this question?
- Would you agree with the quote by A.W. Tozer, "what comes to our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us?" Why or why not?
- Read Proverbs 4:23 and Matthew 6:21. What do these verses teach us?
- What, if anything, is keeping you from completely devoting your life to Christ? Would you life look different if you were completely devoted to Christ?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?