Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Daniel 9
How To Pray
- Jeremiah 25:11-12
- Jeremiah 29:10-11
- ACTS Model
Prayer does change things, all kinds of things. But the most important thing it changes is us. As we engage in this communion with God more deeply and come to know the one with whom we are speaking more intimately, that growing knowledge of God reveals to us all the more brilliantly who we are and our need to change in conformity to Him. Prayer changes us profoundly. - R.C. Sproul
The God Who Answers
- Romans 8:34
- How would you describe your prayer life? Do you see prayer as a vital aspect of your faith?
- Do you ever pray for specific promises found in scripture? If so, which ones do you pray for regularly?
- Read Romans 8:34. What does it mean for Christ to intercede for us? Why is this important for our prayer life?
- Read Jeremiah 31:31-34. What is the promise found in this passage? What does it mean for us today as Christians?
- How do you approach difficult passages such as the ones tc:Tund in the second half of Daniel? Is it essential for us to understanding of these difficult passages?
,Nnat is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?