Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Acts 2:42-47
Imagine you find yourself stranded on a deserted island with nothing but a copy of the Bible. You have no experience with Christianity whatsoever, and all you know about the Church will come from your reading of the Bible. How would you imagine the church to function? Seriously. Close your eyes for two minutes and try to picture “Church” as you would know it. .... Now think about your current church experience. Is it even close? - Francis Chan "Letters to the Church."
- Acts 2:37-38
- Acts 1:8
- Matthew 22:36-40
- 1 Corinthians 3:5-9
- What comes to your mind when you think about church? Do you think your views of church line up with the biblical picture of church?
- What distinguishes the church from every other gathering of people? How would you explain this to an unbeliever?
- Read Acts 1:8. What is meant by receiving power? What power do we receive and how can it be used?
- John Piper states that Jesus must become an all satisfying treasure. What does he mean by this statement? How can God be this in our own lives?
- What is most important aspect of the church? Why?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?