All the things that formerly alienated us from God have been broken down. Let us celebrate and share that we are not about division, but unity.
Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - Ephesians 2:11-22
We Were Separated
- Genesis 12:1-3
- Jeremiah 31:31-34
We Have Been Reconciled
- Ephesians 2:1-3
- John 10:28-30
We Are Transformed
- Romans 6:12-14
- Romans 10:13
- What are some of the things that unite people? What are the barriers to bringing people together?
- Why is it important to recognize that God has called us to be his chosen people? What benefits do we (the church) receive as the people of God today?
- Read John 10:28-30. What are the promises found in this passage?
- Read Romans 6:12-14. What has changed in our status (14)? What does this mean for how we live as Christians?
- Paul is clear in Ephesians 2 that we are united to Christ and that is essential to our salvation. What would happen if we were not united to Christ?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this. week?