Sermon Scripture and Outline
Sermon Scripture - 1 Peter 5
The Call to Shepherd
- John 21:15-17
- Hebrews 2:1
- Matthew 28:19-20
The Ability to Shepherd
- 1 Corinthians 1:27-31
I am this day 70 years old, a monument of Divine mercy and goodness, though on review of my life I find much for which I ought to be humbled in the dust. My direct and positive sins are innumerable, my negligence in the Lord’s work has been great. I trust for acceptance with Him to the blood of Christ alone. - William Carey
The Results of Shepherding
- Do you find the use of biblical metaphors helpful? Which biblical metaphors do you find most helpful?
- Read John 21:15-17. Why does Jesus repeat this command three times to Peter? Why would Jesus say this as one of his last commands to the disciples?
- What are the qualifications for a church leader? Can anyone truly live up to the biblical expectations (note 1 Timothy 3:1-13).
- Who are you personally called to help lead/shepherd? Who are some people that you could make an effort to shepherd?
- What do you believe God has specifically called you to do as part of his kingdom work?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?