Music This Week
Call To Worship
- Psalm 18:1-3
- Sermon Scripture - John 10:1-10
- Think about is an enclosure that would hold the sheep with one smaller entrance. The key is there is no actual door or barricade to keep the sheep inside.
“I am the door. When the light has gone and all the sheep are inside, I lie in the open space, and no sheep ever got out but across my body, and no wolf comes in unless he crosses my body; I am the door.” - a Palestinian shepherd, as recalled by Sir George Adam Smith.
- People want options, they don't like to be limited... but...
- When it comes to salvation, Jesus says that “I AM THE DOOR!”. Not one of the doors. I am THE door, THE only one.
- A door keeps people out OR lets people in
- The person guarding door decides who gets in or is left out
- Many people don't like that there is only one way, but the Bible states it clearly in multiple places
- Acts 4:5-12
- Matthew 7:13-14
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6
- Galatians 1:9
- All you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ and you will receive eternal life.
- Romans 10:13
- Why wouldn't everyone believe? We don't know his voice
- John 10:5
- When we are outside of Christ we are like enemies and strangers to God.
- Isaiah 59:1-2
- There is no way to fix our relationship with God
- Thankfully the Bible doesn’t leave us in doubt
- John 10:9-10
- If you come to Jesus, he will let you in.
- Jesus came for no reason other than to save sinners.
- Can we ever receive true and full assurance of our salvation?
- If it was up to us, we can never know.
- No human besides Jesus has ever been good enough to be saved
- Jesus is the door because he is perfect. He has never failed.
- Are you resting in the finished work of Christ? Do you believe that Jesus is the only path to salvation?
- Jesus claims that the road to salvation goes through him and him alone.
- Let’s rejoice and pray that more will come to rest in the finished work of Christ!
- Do you believe that Jesus is the only path to salvation? The road to salvation goes through Him and Him alone. He is the only Door.
- Which of the "I Am" sayings resonates the most with you personally? Why?
- In a world focused on having choices and options, does the gospel declaring there is only one way to heaven make it difficult to share your faith? Why or why not?
- Read Isaiah 59:1-2 and Romans 10:13. How do these two passages relate to on another?
- We discussed how sheep only listen to the voice of the shepherd today. What is one area that you need to heed the voice of God in your life?
- Many people believe salvation is accomplished by Jesus plus something. Why do people feel the need to add to what Christ has already done?
- What is something the Lord has been teaching you this week?